Monday, July 31, 2006

Nadya

By Pat Murphy.

This is the story of a woman who becomes a wolf one night a month trying to find her way.

It's written very heavily and seriously written, with little to no humor (or the humor is so dry I completely failed to see it, which I consider unlikely for me). It doesn't exactly end on a bad note, but it feels sort of unfinished to me. I found myself sympathizing more with Jenny than with the main character, I think. There are several lurid sex scenes (ugh).

Not really recommended. I think the author has potential as a good writer but probably needs to inject some more excitement into her writing. Looking back it's a fairly boring book, although while reading it I had hope for something better to come. My hopes mostly died at the end of part 2.

No comments: